Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Mac - n- cheese and finger painting

It's a sick day here at the M house. It all started on Saturday evening when I felt pain in my teeth. With the whole house being 100% healthy for the last 9 months, I forgot one of the warning signs of the harshest kind of cold for me - sinus aches and pains radiating from my teeth! The lovely cold snowballed gradually on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - and my activities this week tapered off after a grocery trip Monday, park trip Tuesday, and after shuffling through class last night like a zombie, all I can manage today at home with Dominic is serving up macaroni and cheese, finger painting, and several episodes of Calliou. Dominic has been so sweet about me being a dud this week. He has been so totally cool with me just hanging out with him, and not doing a THING. I promise, this wasn't supposed to turn into a "poor me" entry, but while I'm on the subject, I've only slept cumlatively maybe 10 hrs in the last 4 days. Trying to beat this cold the au naturale way is no fun, but baby #2 will thank me one day. :)

And now, what this post was really supposed to be about...my favorite artist enjoying his unopened birthday gift from 4 months ago for the first time. I finally found the perfect day to use it! I also included a random photo of him enjoying his tomato bisque soup, with gusto! It's better than slurping, and it's just so cute to watch. :) I'm going to go try to nap now, so I can muster the energy to sit outside with D after his nap and start on some homework. Wish me luck!









5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope you get better soon!

Melissa said...

I am so sorry you are not feeling well, Julia! Please let me know if you need anything. Isn't a child's intuition amazing, they always seem to know when mommy is sick and become very compliant (that's my experience anyway). Did you make the tomato bisque soup? If so, I would love the recipe, that sounds so good right now! Praying for better health...

Melissa said...

I am so sorry you are not feeling well, Julia! Please let me know if you need anything. Isn't a child's intuition amazing. They seems to know when mommy isn't feeling well and become so compliant and almost understanding (that's my experience anyway). Did you make the tomato bisque soup? If so, I would love the recipe. Praying for better health...

Josie said...

I love how artsy Dominic is. He always seems so focused on his art projects.

On another note. I'm assuming I have what you have but we haven't seen each other in a while so I know I got it somewhere else. Anyway, sounds like it's a long road ahead. I was expecting 3-4 days tops! Oh please tell me it won't last long!!!

Kristen said...

Poor Julia! I don't handle colds well in pregnancy either. A friend recommended menthol rub on your feet with socks over them though, especially for coughs. It seems to help the girls a ton, but I have yet to try it because I haven't had a cold since it was mentioned. Get well soon!