Monday, June 09, 2008

"Cowboy Camp"





My lone ranger





























Dominic had his first day of Montessori school today! We've been calling it "cowboy camp" since the theme for the program has been early Texas history, and they are doing neat activities that center around that theme. We've been psyching him up for school since January, and he has been raring to go since then. The "mommy departure" was shockingly easy for both of us...he absconded to a corner and coyly hid from me as I tried to hug and kiss him goodbye. I snapped a few pictures for posterity on my way out, reminded him I was in fact on my way out (even though I *was* the last parent out...I'm just like my Dad!) and he just kept playing with a conch shell while the other kids got into the circle.

I came home and was not surprised by how quickly 3 hrs fly when you have a baby to nurse and a zillion house chores to catch up on. It felt incredible though to have three hours sans a busy toddler on my heels in the house, I got some things done guilt-free, while he was having fun. It's a win-win situation for us all!

I came back to school to find a rosy cheeked Dominic playing in a sandbox with another schoolmate. He was happy to see me but reluctant to come home, which made me really glad! :) On the way home, he told me they had cookies for a snack, and that his favorite job was pouring rocks in a cup, and that he was afraid of the big slide. I'm glad the first day was a smashing success! :)

2 comments:

Lillian said...

Oh, is that the Aggieland Country school?!? We would have sent Isabelle there had we stayed. Isabelle fell in love with itduring her couple visits. Glad to hear he loved it too.

And Milo is beautiful!

Josie said...

I'm so glad he's enjoying it and you're getting a little extra time, not to yourself of course. :)