Well I guess we'll go sailing on our yacht some other weekend. ;) We spent the whole weekend sick and indoors! Two weeks ago, Dominic had croup, and a crazy cough /fever that lasted through the week. It went away for 2 days. Then 2 Sunday nights ago, he woke up with a presumably NEW fever, 103, crying out "I'm so hot!!!" That fever lasted 5 nights and made me all kinds of nervous. I realize fevers are generally good things, but they're scary to me nonetheless. So that was 2 weeks straight of all of us being indoors and Dominic watching an outrageous amount of educational t.v. (don't worry, there was also plenty of time with play doh, paint, blocks and books too) and my favorite part of all - nobody getting ANY sleep at night. Milo and Bronius seem to be free of it all, but I got it this past Friday, so we're rolling into week 3 of sickness. I keep thinking with each illness we must be building some mad immunity, but then we all get sick again.
I'm not a good sick person, either, especially with a fever for 3 days/nights straight so far which leave me fairly helpless, even with meds which I'm trying to take sparingly because of breastfeeding. I really want to get back to life again! I am very impatient about that. I felt the same way after having Milo in the hospital, I was trying to sprint out of the hospital! God has tempered me with better patience this weekend, and taught me the redemptive value of laying down and slowing down. I've had much more time to pray, and rebuild my soul spiritually, and that has been a completely unexpected blessing. More importantly, several friends of ours have been MUCH MORE sick and MUCH MORE in need of prayers and help, and this humbles me. And of course in light of Hurricane Gustav and the damage it may cause, my little troubles are almost completely insignificant.
Dominic starts Montessori school tomorrow which is exciting! Bronius has been Mr. Mom all weekend and he will probably take Dominic to his first day, we're all so excited for him (but mostly him, really!!!) Please pray for our little family this week that we can all be healthy again and move on with this wonderful life that is to be had.
3 comments:
Julia,
OH, my prayers are with you guys!! It is no good to be down and out, especially with little ones. We will have to get together when you guys feel better. Good luck with school tomorrow. We start Thurs!
well, while you are looking for ways to entertain yourself... i tagged you in my blog. hope you guys are feeling a little better!
Prayers coming your way!
Post a Comment