Worldfest was today! This has to be my favorite festival of the whole year! Some edible highlights from our time there, as you can see above, include peanut butter fudge squares from India, fruited milk with avocados and papaya from Indonesia as well as chicken satay with peanut sauce, sauerkraut from Germany, iced gingerbread cookies from the Czech Republic as well as kolaches, pakoras and tamarind chutney from India...and much more. Luckily for us, St. Joe's was selling homemade Indian food again this year and we were giddy about that and piled our plates high. I love Dr. Miranda!!!!! Other than eating, (it's no secret that Bronius and I are like moths to the flame for ethnic food), we watched a man having his turban wrapped, saw the Japanese drumming group again, I experienced henna painting on my hand for the first time, we heard an AWESOME Marimba group from Austin, and bumped into LOTS of friends. I wanted to stay all day, and the kids were holding up beautifully, but it was time to pack it in. This was such a fun festival, so many countries and cultures were so well represented. There was so much information, great artifacts, jewelry, clothing, bags, crafts - a kidzone even. The musical and dance performances were excellent, and we only saw a tiny bit of the program. I really hope we can get involved in it next year. We noticed there was no tent for Lithuania so clearly we need to represent next year! ;)
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Worldfest 2008
Worldfest was today! This has to be my favorite festival of the whole year! Some edible highlights from our time there, as you can see above, include peanut butter fudge squares from India, fruited milk with avocados and papaya from Indonesia as well as chicken satay with peanut sauce, sauerkraut from Germany, iced gingerbread cookies from the Czech Republic as well as kolaches, pakoras and tamarind chutney from India...and much more. Luckily for us, St. Joe's was selling homemade Indian food again this year and we were giddy about that and piled our plates high. I love Dr. Miranda!!!!! Other than eating, (it's no secret that Bronius and I are like moths to the flame for ethnic food), we watched a man having his turban wrapped, saw the Japanese drumming group again, I experienced henna painting on my hand for the first time, we heard an AWESOME Marimba group from Austin, and bumped into LOTS of friends. I wanted to stay all day, and the kids were holding up beautifully, but it was time to pack it in. This was such a fun festival, so many countries and cultures were so well represented. There was so much information, great artifacts, jewelry, clothing, bags, crafts - a kidzone even. The musical and dance performances were excellent, and we only saw a tiny bit of the program. I really hope we can get involved in it next year. We noticed there was no tent for Lithuania so clearly we need to represent next year! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great festival! Wish I had attended it while I was there. It looks so enriching!
Post a Comment