Friday, January 23, 2009

Freaky Friday

We're having a weird day here. After making dinner last night, Dominic blew on the flame on the burner on the stove while I was cooking, and apparently I forgot to turn off the gas (because the flame was gone, and so I assumed the gas was off). I was almost CERTAIN I had turned off the gas. I have left the burner on low one or two times during dinner, but never just the gas. So at any rate, I left for a meeting and Bronius put the kids to bed, and apparently gas was leaking for 2.5 hours. I come home and smell it immediately and freak out. Bronius tells me everything's under control, everything will be fine. However he wakes up at 2 am with an epiphany, convinced that there's a gas leak in the attic. So we're both freaked out and afraid to fall asleep (and definitely not turn on a light switch). We eventually decide we don't smell anything, so we should probably be okay. We fall asleep until 5:30 am when Dominic awakens throwing up! And then Milo woke up. And no one went back to sleep. And Dominic threw up 5 more times. Bronius is worried he is throwing up because of a gas leak, I'm fairly certain it was something picked up from school. We call our gas company and they send a rep over immediately to check the house out. So Dominic is hurling, and the gas guy is combing the house with his gadgets trying to detect any leaks. He tells me NOT to toast the bagels OR put the clothes in the dryer until he's done checking. He's done, everything's fine, and Dominic's tummy settles for a half hour or so. The storm has passed, for the time being. Then I hear that Bronius ran out of gas on the way to work and had to walk to a gas station, walk back to his car, fill it up, and then he got to work one hour later. WEIRD DAY! I'm going to go rest while I can and pray things get better in the afternoon!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Weird!! Isn't it ironic that Bronius ran out of gas after you had a gas leak? Hope your day gets better!

Rebecca said...

Ahh! How scary!

Kristen said...

Amen, sister! We had a fire alarm go off (no fire, thankfully) at 12:30am and then Austin had a flat tire at lunchtime (when I was trying to get the girls down for naptime early for something we were doing later), and we had to go rescue him! Was it a full moon?!