I'm sure it's automated, but nevertheless, someone took the trouble to let me know that my voice was heard!
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Motekaitis:
Thank you for contacting me about the Freedom of Choice Act (S. 1173). I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this matter.
As you may know, S. 1173 was introduced in the Senate on April 19, 2007. I oppose S. 1173, which would overturn the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act and prohibit future federal legislation that protects the life of the unborn. Though S. 1173 was not enacted prior to the adjournment of the 110th Congress, you may be certain that I will keep your views in mind should the Senate consider relevant legislation during the 111th Congress.
During the 108th Congress, I co-sponsored the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act (P.L. 108–105), which prohibits all partial-birth abortions unless necessary to save the life of the mother. President George W. Bush signed the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act into law on November 5, 2003. In 2007, the Supreme Court upheld this law and ruled that it does not violate the Constitution. I applaud the Court for upholding the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act. I believe that all human life is a gift from God, and I will continue to work within the law to see that all human life—from conception to natural death—is treated with the dignity and respect it deserves.
I appreciate having the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.
Sincerely,
JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator
517 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-2934
Fax: (202) 228-2856
http://www.cornyn.senate.gov
3 comments:
I too received the same response - I was thankful that he (or his office) responded with such a informative letter!
I too received the same response - I was thankful that he (or his office) responded with such a informative letter!
I too received the same response - I was thankful that he (or his office) responded with such a informative letter!
Post a Comment