Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy 6th Anniversary





























February and July are always my favorite months because they are filled with family celebrations. We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary this weekend by going to New Braunfels...on our first trip without the kids! It was only an overnight, but it was so fantastic to go at our own pace and have no schedule, and to eat and sleep whenever we wanted, and sight see, and ahhhhhhh just have quiet time. Thank you Senele for watching the kids!

We stayed at the Prince Solms Inn Bed and Breakfast in New Braunfels, a great place for families. They serve a beautiful gourmet breakfast. And there's a piano bar beneath the B&B which was so convenient. We had intended to canoe down the Guadalupe River but the river was too low due to drought, and was not moving quickly enough for a satisfying canoeing experience. So, we joined the masses at the Comal River and swam in the hugest natural spring-fed pool either of us had been to. Amongst sea weed and minnows I might add. It was a flesh-fest. People and kids EVERYWHERE. Leaping, splashing, screaming, diving....and literally swinging and sliding into the water. Not *exactly* the peaceful, romantic getaway we had planned, but I just wanted to be in the water. I am a fish by nature! Afterwards we went to the Huisache Grille for dinner and I had the BEST meal I've had in years, it seemed. It was an achiote rubbed chicken infused with bacon and serrano peppers, with a cilantro cream sauce on top of a bed or wild grain rice and steamed squash. Bronius had his dream-come-true platter which was a sampler of duck, steak, quail and shrimp. We were seriously in heaven. I sat trying to absorb all the culinary combinations from the menu, I am going to try to do some of this at home! We spent the next day browsing the boutiques downtown and the art gallery, and then we stopped for a movie before heading home. We had such a great time, talking, eating, sleeping without being interrupted....I'm counting down the days until our next anniversary trip! :) In the meantime, it's back to reality :)

Happy 6th Anniversary to us, Bronius. I am so proud of the marriage and the family which we are building together, our lives are so wonderfully blessed. I love you!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

When my SIL got married at the river, everyone stayed at Prince Solms. Such a lovely place!