I was sick this Father's Day weekend, so I pretty much failed in the "let Daddy relax" department :( :( :( My big goal was to help the kids create a giant Father's Day card and then get up and make him a big breakfast yesterday, so when I pulled that off, I started to feel better :) We were treated to dinner twice by Senele, and then on Sunday we went to Houston to spend time with Papa, and we enjoyed swimming, movies and the comings and goings of my busy younger siblings and their pets. Sarah, you were missed, and Mom, I hope you had a great weekend with Sarah and the kids!
I am profoundly grateful to my Dad for the many sacrifices he has made to raise a family, and not the lazy way, either. Dad, you're the voice in my head and my inner compass, and I love you so much. I'm so proud of the person you are and so thankful for all that you've given to us your children. Thanks for seizing every teachable moment (despite the countless eye rolls) and always knowing how to make a room full of people laugh! Thanks for bringing life and celebration and gusto with you everywhere you go. We appreciate you more than we can say. God bless you on Father's Day!
And I am equally profoundly grateful for the blessing of an amazing husband, Bronius, who has blessed me beyond measure. It amazes me, the wisdom of God. How He knows how two people will grow together and compliment each other in a marriage, waaaaaay before they can understand it. Well, I see it now. And I'm in awe. Thank you B, for being my mellow jello and keeping me calm, for helping me through the ups and downs of motherhood, for being a true partner in parenthood and for being the perfect Daddy for our boys. I love you for every single thing you do, seen and unseen. For teaching me it's okay to go with the flow when I'm trying to swim upstream, thank you, babe! Happy Father's Day! I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment