Monday, August 23, 2010

Kindergarten




Today was big fish's first day of Kindergarten! It went off without a hitch. No (visible) tears, no anxieties, no worries...I am so proud of Dominic. When I was going to Kinder, I was anxious and nervous and oh-so-super-shy. I think I would have melted into a puddle if the teacher ever called on me and asked me to say or do anything. I was the textbook wallflower. Dominic on the other hand, charged right in and I had to hunt him down to get a goodbye hug! Course we had been preparing him for this milestone...having talks and checking out books from the library about cafeteria behavior, personal hygiene, safety on the playground, not wandering from your class/teacher, role playing about how to deal with a bully - yes, I'm a dork, but my child was well-prepared!

I could not squeeze any information from him, and sadly we got even less pictures than words, but here they are nonetheless. "How was lunch?" "Great! But I sat next to a trouble maker with short-cutted hair." "What did you do today?" "We watched a moofie. And we had plain-tasting cheerios for a snack." "Did you see anyone you knew?" "I saw Isa on the playground." And that's about all!


Today I've been too sick to be emotional...I caught the tummy bug the boys had and
haven't eaten in 48 hours. But no sick days for Mommies. Thankfully super husband has been carrying some of my dead weight. Okay, a LOT of it. I have at least some peace of mind that at least this isn't affecting the baby, and praying (and optimistic) that I will be somewhat functional tomorrow. I'm ready to get back in the ring!

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

What a big boy! I'm so proud of him. Sorry to hear that you have been sick. Hopefully, it is all better tomorrow!

Kristen said...

Poor Julia! I am prone to tummy bugs in pregnancy...it is rough! Prayers!