Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Milo update

Milo ~

Milo is 2 years and 9 months. It's hard to believe Dominic was almost this age when Milo was born. Milo has had to grow up faster than I'd like. Having my hands full with a newborn has been harder on me than on him - he has really adapted (it was hard at first for him) but it makes me sad that I can't always rush to comfort or help him like I used to. All part of growing up, I guess :(

He's a joy to be at home with. Milo is just our everlasting sweetie! Dominic was a lot of fun and I totally treasured our special 1 on 1 time, but I always felt I had to entertain him (which may have just been my issue and not his, in retrospect). Whomever's issue it was, he quite frankly exhausted me. :) Milo is content driving a little truck around my feet most of the day. :) He loves to read stories on the couch with me. We play blocks, and he'll go off and play in his kitchen and with his cars. He is obsessed with Caillou, he loves the little dude and even re-enacts episodes with his cars (a Mommy car and a Caillou car, for example). He is funny about Jonas - I know he loves him, he'll be helpful occasionally, but I try so hard not to focus on Jonas when I'm with him so that no rivalry begins to brew. So he doesn't resent him, but he doesn't think Jonas is all that, either. :)

He still naps, about 2 hrs in the afternoon, and in his crib. When Jonas sleeps better at night, we plan to move him to the crib and Milo will roomie up with Dominic. Milo is still our mega-eater...he looooves food. Yet another way he's different from big bro, who literally lives on bread alone.

We have a playgroup that meets once a week, the older siblings are friends and now the younger ones are buds too. They had a Hot Shots soccer class in the Fall and we have another one in the Spring. These friends have been such a blessing in my motherhood, and they make the days fun!

The twos can be trying, but we're almost done - we'll see what awaits us in the three's! :) Milo will be starting Montessori school in the Fall, 3 mornings a week, and I'm excited for him. On one hand, I'm sad about letting him go because he's so sweet to have at home, but on the other hand, I know how excited he is about school and he's ready, even if I'm not!

Milo is like chicken soup for the soul - he loves to cuddle, is easy to be around, easy to discipline (when he does anything wrong which is pretty rare) easy to please and generally just content with life. Milo has been like breathing a gigantic sigh of relief in my life, he has just been assurance that we're on the right track as parents!

No comments: