Thursday, March 17, 2011

Austin spring break trip

So for all the naysayers who talk of how the Austin zoo stinks...you were wrong! :) It was just perfect for little bitty kids. Walkable in about an hour (which after potty trips and lunch, that's all you need!) No crowds, plenty of shade, lots of picnic benches, clean bathrooms, and a very decent animal exhibit! They had lions, tigers and bears! And the price was unbeatable. I have a feeling if I took pictures with a real camera, I could make a trash can look magnificent. But, here are my mediocre shots, of my very extraordinary subjects :) The peacock was the most exquisite thing I have ever seen! Anyway - zoo gets two thumbs up from us.

We didn't have time to visit with all our friends, but we were lucky enough to be hosted by the Gutierrez family. Love you guys, thanks so much for the yummy lunch & hospitality!

And thank you to Senele who came along with us for the adventure, helped us with our crew, and financed much of our excursion including a very fancy dinner at a French restaurant in Georgetown. We love you!











No comments: