So I've had a week to practice my goals, and I have a better idea of how to specify them. I'm writing them here to keep me accountable, but I'll only check in periodically after that. Too many other good things to blog about :)
1) Getting into bed by 10.
Well, I maximized vacation time instead but plan to start tomorrow, since we get back into the school schedule tomorrow. My time is being used online at night house-hunting - which is a blog for another day! Anyway, I'd much prefer to be in bed reading.
2) Carb & portion control.. Dedicated exercise 30 mins a day.
Doing pretty good. Planning my grocery list out now to ensure that mine (and the kids) meals and snacks are fruit, veggie and protein-rich.
I tweaked my exercise goals to running every other day and doing pilates on days between, with a family walk to the park on Sundays. Not going to cancel the gym membership until these 10 pounds are history!
3) Be less defensive.
Probably the hardest one of all, since it's an old habit (32 years old approximately) and requires the most mental, conscious effort. But making strides. The people closest to me are already thanking me. :)
4) Reading and reviewing books on book sneeze.
So I never specified the frequency of this. Would it be pathetic to aim for one a month? If not, I think this will be feasible.
5) Develop chore chart and stick to it.
I made the mistake of writing it on the chalkboard. Surprise surprise, it had been erased by a mischevious child the next day. The prank was on him, however, when he realized he still had to sort laundry, wipe down counter tops and make his bed each day. Note to self - make a chart that can hang inside of pantry door - lest I forget that I have able -bodied children who can help me keep my house in order.
6) Family prayer time once a week.
Joining another Pilgrim Queen of the Family group has motivated us to hold fast to this. The liturgical seasons give us ample and concrete opportunities to pray together and we need to stay motivated to do so during ordinary time. We are aiming for Sunday night family rosary.
7) De-cluttering. - 1 bag per week
You might have guessed from earlier hints...we are preparing to sell our house. I would like to form one bag of donations/trash each week, at least the size of a grocery bag. I have a personal organizer coming this week to give us a consultation on how to maximize our laundry room, pantry and closets. I am not naturally efficient and I think I've been mis-using our storage space. Sadly, I'm too inefficient to care passionately enough to do it myself, because I'd rather be blogging. So I'm bringing someone in who does! :)
Ahhhhh. That was soul cleansing. Happy to be making some progress and hope to report soon with more success soon. :)
1 comment:
Selling your house? I hope that you won't be moving too far away!
Post a Comment