Weeks may go by in between my posts, but I am definitely here. :) We've been trying to strike the right balance between leisure and activity here, and I think we're doing a pretty good job :) In fact, things were calm enough around here that we decided to sign Dominic up for soccer on a whim. He'll start his first practices and games in March with a league called Upward. It promotes a neat philosophy that combines a focus on faith and respecting family time. I hope D enjoys his first real season of soccer!
D is still very happy at school, we have his school carnival this weekend to be excited about. He still reports liking science, art and computers the best. I'd be fibbing if I said I didn't miss him while he was at school, but I'd also be fibbing if I said I didn't enjoy the quietness in the house. :) We are on the wait list for KOR school in the Fall, in the meantime. It's not that we're not happy with Dominic's school - in fact, school has brought about many good things! We just want to be sure he is getting what he needs, and so we remain open to options. He is still taking piano and Milo is observing group violin practices. I thought about signing Milo up for soccer too but he spends the whole time asking for snacks and "when can we go to the park?" :)
Milo is really enjoying preschool a whole lot more than last semester when I had to use his gummy vitamin as an incentive to go every morning. He's independently doing jobs and REALLY diggin' (no pun intended) all the mud play and gardening that's going on this month. Every single day, the kids are outside in their rain boots either pulling from their garden or digging in the mud with huge shovels. Pretty soon they will be doing their "landform" unit outside as they practice learning what peninsulas, isthmuses, capes and islands look like. I am so happy Milo enjoys school and I can't wait for Jonas to go when he turns 3 :) Dominic and Milo have been playing beautifully together lately. I'm not sure what I did to deserve this, but THANK YOU, Jesus. Lord knows we've had our difficult phases where I almost jumped out of my window with insanity. I am enjoying this strange oasis of peace, for however long it lasts.
Jonas, is finally sleeping through the night - all by himself! Of course now that I said that, some new teeth will start sprouting, I should just hush. But really, this is big for us because Bronius and I have felt like giant tree sloths for a whole year and finally things are lookin' up. Jonas is 15 months old and BUSY. He is climbing tables and chairs, getting into cupboards, trash cans and toilets. If it's messy, he'll be in it. But he's so so so sweet and cute. Still nursing about 4x a day, takes 2 naps most days. I think he has about 6 teeth, and he is varying his tastes in regards to food but still not a big fan of cow's milk. Loves reading and playing silly games. I hope to be able to take him to more storytime/music classes this semester.
Bronius has been swamped with work, he definitely seems to be in a busy season, but he enjoys it and is blessed to work with excellent people. He gets out and about to sing with SCOLA Cantorum, Men's breakfast and play volleyball, and usually helps me get the kids to music lessons in the evenings. When free time presents itself, we are getting our house ready to go on the market and making plans for the house we are building in our neighborhood. Writing continues to be my "fourth child" at the moment and I am flirting with the idea of going to a few writing workshops to continue some professional development for myself but in the midst of this home sale, I'm not really sure what I can do. But I'm keeping it on the horizon because I always need a carrot to chase or I just feel lazy. :)
We are very very very excited about the home we are building. After a whole year of praying, discerning and considering moving out of town - we are relieved to feel peace with our decision to "bloom where we have been planted." We hope to see many friends around our table there!
Thank you Lord for my happy and healthy family!
3 comments:
Wow! Didn't know you guys were selling and building...hope it goes well!
We have really enjoyed Bronius in the schola cantorum. He has a knack for intervals, a broad and versatile range of voice, and a hilarious sense of humor. The schola enjoys all three gifts he brings. Thank you for your sacrifices to let him sing with the group!
That was beautiful, Richard! :) Thank you!
Post a Comment