Tuesday, January 29, 2013

14 Favorite Love Stories

In the spirit of Valentine's day,  I'm compiling a list of my favorite romantic movies. This is by no means an exhaustive list :)  but I hand picked this bouquet for you dear readers!



                                                                     The Shop Around the Corner

14) Barefoot in the Park
13) P.S. I Love You
12) Persuasion (2007)
11) Daniel Deronda (2002)
10) Amelie
9) Victoria and Albert (2009)
8) Groundhog Day
7) Ever After
6) The Notebook
5) Jane Eyre (2006)
4) Pride and Prejudice (at the risk of being traitorous, I'm going with the 2005 version!)
3) The Sound of Music
2) North and South

............and at number 1) The Shop Around the Corner :)

I would love to hear yours!

7 comments:

Erin said...

I Love this list. Some of my favorites are on here plus some i haven't seen. Was naming The Notebook twice intentional?

I much prefer Shop around the Corner to You've got Mail. Ever After is probably my most favorite of all time.

I would add The Princess Bride and two that might be a little cheesy with questionable acting and plot, but I love them anyway: Prelude to a Kiss and Return To Me. I think they're sweet.

I'm going to try to think of some more because this is much better than starting school, right?

Julia said...

I didn't notice I had put it twice! Aw shucks, I'm going to have to figure out another favorite! I might even put Sound of Music because I love how their relationship develops in that movie. I'm not sure it it's the most accurate portrayal, but it's just such a beautiful story!

Julia said...

And I love your favorites too! You've Got Mail is on my favorites list, but yes, I prefer The Shop Around the Corner much more too :)

Pie Mama’s said...

Great list! I have never seen The Notebook. I'll have to add that to my To Watch list. The 2007 Persuasion is definitely my favorite version. Sweet Land and Ondine are two of my favorites.

Julia said...

Yes, Sweetland is on my list for sure too! Terri, you have to see The Notebook!

Jessica said...

Terri Duhon! Yes, you have got to see the Notebook! : ) Julia, is the book better? I'm in love with the love story in Sound of Music too. My girls pretend play their marriage scene all the time. I have not read North and South, but I have it here with me & will have to read it soon, so I can add it my favorite love story list too! We have so many rainy days here. Sometimes I feel every day is good reading weather. : )

bronius said...

One must never question the cheese that largely makes up the complete dish that is The Princess Bride.