Thank you Jen, for hosting! :)
1) Any other time I'd try to say this in a lame attempt at making a joke, I'd have no idea what I was talking about. But I can now say with confidence that "nothing clears your holiday to-do list like getting a stomach bug!" Aside from the fact that I spent 2 days on the couch waiting to feel better in a blurry, feverish, stupor of sorts....it was relieving to know that my only job in the world was to lay on that couch, and do the best I could at that, while my children ran around me in circles. It was sad to miss out on gatherings this week, but on the bright side, I had my own mini prayer retreat, I finished my Christmas cards and even wrapped some presents while watching White Christmas for the first time. I am very thankful for feeling better so I can take care of everyone else who is sick now, it is always good to remember that health is a precious gift.
2) Speaking of being thankful for my life, there are others whose lives are in far greater peril this week in Central Africa. Catholic Relief Services is responding to this humanitarian crisis on the ground, and here is a link if you are able to support them in their brave and selfless work. Let us remember the people of Central Africa in prayer and unite our small sufferings to theirs.
3) And a major accomplishment, our Christmas card taken in our backyard on my favorite "Van Gogh" chairs given to us when we were first married. This is the winning shot where everyone's eyes were open! It was a strangely Siberian day in Texas, so our noses are all red. I love these guys.
4) Right here, I was going to tell you about the kids piano recital, Bronius' Magnificat concert and about how much fun we had delivering gifts with Saint Vincent de Paul. But then everyone got sick and we had to say no, maybe, and I don't know to those other things, and so now my number four is going to be about how PSYCHED (imagine jazz hands and confetti flying everywhere) I am to be seeing my family for Christmas in about 3 days!!!!
The original 6
5) I love this style for so many reasons. Comfortable, modest, warm and cool at the same time, and representative of my heritage. I would like to find some fair trade tunics and try to rock this style this winter. Maybe?
6) The Living City Press sent our family this beautiful book as a sweet "thank you" to Bronius for working with them this year: Bringing Jesus Back into Christmas. It features photography of lovely creches from all over the world, with inspirational quotes from scripture, the saints and literary icons. It has been a wonderful way to illustrate to our children the universality of God's love at Christmas.
7) And on the topic of Christmas around the world, this was a theme this month at Austin Catholic New Media for writers. We were encouraged to share about special family traditions, so I wrote about my experience of marrying into a Lithuanian family, and the meaningful, spirit-filled traditions they carry out on Christmas Eve. Here it is if you'd like to read it! :)
Wishing you good health, and true peace on your Advent journey. Thank you for visiting, and as always, I'd love to hear from you!
.jpg)




2 comments:
That tunic is beautiful - you should go for it! (and I love the long shirt/short dress with boots and leggings look, any day of the week.)
Hi Jessica, thanks! :) I just loved it! And I'm with you on hoping leggings and boots never go out of style! ;)
Post a Comment