Saturday, August 08, 2015

Farewell summer, 2015

The summer has slipped right through my fingers. I could cry! This has been one of my favorite summers ever. The boys all got along so well, were sweet with each other and preferred each other above all others when it came to playing. I feel like as a Mom I finally hit my stride in figuring out how to relax at home...I've always seen home as my workplace, and this summer I really tried to just enjoy home as my home too :)  We swam, we had sleepovers, we had two VBS weeks, an art camp, two theatre camps, tons of trips to the library, watched old movies, started a new tradition called "Brady bunch lunch" where we watched the show with lunch. I signed us up for a basketball camp which we missed by accident, and a wilderness camp which we didn't miss! We played chess, scrabble and risk, we attended our family retreat, Senele gave the boys Lithuanian lessons every Friday and cooked a meal with them, we kept working on piano pieces, and we are finishing things off with a trip to Chicago to see our families (pics to come soon!)

I wish we could have seen more friends and family that we had been trying to connect with, but health proved to be tricky this summer, making us cancel a few plans sadly...I myself got strep throat twice and had never had it before. Bronius got to attend a jazz music course this summer, and I attended a certification to teach a Pilates class at our gym. We both feel so thankful to be reaching a stage as a family where everyone can be involved in one of their passions! It is a new stage for sure. 

This Fall, B and I have both taken on  new work, and Dominic and Jonas will attend new schools, Milo stays at the same school as before. A lot of change awaits us, but we are ready to take on a great new year of growth, learning and loving one another through it all. Thank you Jesus for this full life!




The boys completed their first official summer course of Lithuanian school with Senele!


They had a great time at Camp Narnia!


We enjoyed many days of visiting the city pool and bringing friends with us when we could! (Milo loves to cross his eyes in pictures these days)


Here are are having ice cream with the Cricks, and enjoying Bahama Bucks after VBS. 


We loved Wilderness VBS at St. Thomas Aquinas this summer! It was my first year to lead the Faith rotation. I loved every minute of that experience, and got to work with these wonderful teen helpers!


Bronius' Jazz Improv rectial


A lovely time with the family of our goddaughter, Melissa Wivagg.

Our 12th Anniversary dinner!


Last day of my certification as a future pilates instructor. Can't believe I survived . I'm so excited and so ready to help people feel stronger and more motivated to do all the things we have to do in this life, as best as we can!


We enjoyed our summer reunion with the Bell family. Me and my bestie, Jamie, through thick and thin, she is my treasure.



Our little brood of wild men! 


A normal morning sight. Oh sweet brothers, remember these moments!


Swimming at a friend's birthday party.


Not my favorite movie, but gave us a chance to visit with more buddies!


Our Gen leaders from the Mariapolis. Holy and exemplary men!



Another regular sight from my window....the cool mister Bronius installed (inexpensively!) on the trampoline, which made summer jumping much more enjoyable! :) 


Farewell summer. Thank you for these precious days!

No comments: