Monday, September 11, 2017

Summer 2017 - Camps, Trips, Retreats, Service, Celebrations, Trainings, Visitors and more!

Retreats


I served as a team member on my first women's ACTS retreat and it was a glorious 4 days spent with beautiful women desiring to grow in holiness. This was one of the sunsets God painted for us during our time away from the hustle and bustle of life!



We were also so blessed to attend another Mariapolis retreat, and this time my parents attended! I can not imagine making it through a summer without this retreat. It has become so essential to the balance and direction of our family life. 

Celebrations


Bronius and I celebrated 14 years of marriage! We had a fun evening out at Village Cafe, being foodies and attempting to salsa dance! I am blessed that the man who lives life beside me is my very best friend. God has blessed me beyond measure.




Our Dominic became a 12 year old! We celebrated him "tiki style" with his guys, pizza and snow cones by the pool!



Visitors


One of my very first best friends when I moved from Florida to Texas was Miss Jamie Bell. We have been through the ups and downs, the joys and disappointments of life together. We roomed all through college and were pretty much inseparable. The only thing that could break us apart were our husbands...whom we married one month apart!


Every summer we get together with our MESS of boys and have a "happy birthday to everyone" party day. And we treasure this tradition with our sweet friends whom we love so dearly! I thank God for this blessing.

And speaking of blessings. Having my parents come for a sleepover ain't too shabby either. 



Camps


Dominic attended his first ettiquette camp this summer where he experienced the art of conversation, table manners and dance. When I told him he was going to this camp, he said "I'm NOT putting on that suit and asking girls to dance."  Ha ha ha ha - what do you know???? He did it and he loved it and he was GREAT at it. I was so proud of him! It was a double blessing to share this rite of passage with our dear friends, the Purcells!!!!!!


Jonas attended a drama kids "mystery" improv camp, again with our friends the Purcells <3 a="" and="" build="" children="" confidence="" for="" great="" happy="" him="" his="" is="" it="" light="" lines="" p="" parts.="" public="" see="" so="" speaking="" to="" truly="" up="" way="" we="" were="" with="">


Dominic enjoyed his first ever cooking camp with the incredible Mr. Theo Burns, the Dine-in-Dude, who happens to be married to our phenomenal violin teacher, Natalie Burns. Dynamic duo much??? WE LOVE THEM and they can NEVER leave town! 

Milo enjoyed basketball camp with his buddy Mark and Jonas finished his last round of swim lessons!


Also. This happened! We have a safe sitter in the houzz!!!! I'm so glad someone knows first aid around here because I still don't....




These hippie boys loved their time at the Purple Turtle Art camp this summer. I love that our boys love to do art & music. 




Jonas and Milo experienced their first theatre camp together as they put on a production of Trolls at Pure Energy.  I was at the women's retreat and I missed it, but I heard it was FULL house! :)

Training


I completed my Les Mills Body Flow training and I am now fully certified to teach at Gold's Gyms. I have grown to love this program!

Trips


Can't make it more than a few months without seeing Bonnie, one of my other very best and very first Texan friends (though she's originally from Michigan!) I'm so glad Scott is part of the package too because no one can make us laugh quite as hard as he can. Plus, he feeds us delicious things.  We love our Bonnie and Scott!


Speaking of more food and friends! Bronius and I enjoyed a few days in Austin (our first get away since I was expecting Jonas 7 years ago!) We danced at an adorable motown club, ate tapas and finally saw Wonder Woman!


And I got to spend time with my Kate, a friend of 30 odd years who I grew up with in Florida and now lives with her husband, precious son and entire immediate family in Austin! I still have to pinch myself when I realize that this happened. We spent the day at the Blanton Museum (and I had my own personal guide!) and enjoyed lunch at her fave vegan spot. We missed you on this day, Karen!



Service


We made a few trips to the Brazos Valley Food Bank with friends! We began this tradition last summer and I hope we can continue.  It is an honor to serve our community!

Eclipse



These are the glasses we purchased in Oregon. The only official souvenirs we brought home with us! Our friends the Guldes even joined us for the show! 


                                                               

This summer was the summer of all summers. I can not believe all that we were able to do. Really, and truly - it exceeded all of our dreams. With that being said... THIS happened, too!

The POOL


Growing up in Florida, having a pool in the backyard was just life. Families spend the weekends by the pool in Florida, children literally LIVE in the water.  We have family video footage of me and my siblings spending an entire Saturday in the pool, making up goofy games. I so much wanted this to be part of our children's childhood, too. I have been trying to convince Bronius for YEARS to allow this madness....and he finally caved in. I thank him every time I think of it! We are loving our pool and my heart is full of joy when I think of the many family memories to come. 

Summer 2017.... thank you for every thing!



No comments: