Thursday, July 05, 2007

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Many of our friends accidentally call us "Julius," because they combine Bronius and Julia together in their minds and just end up calling us Julius. But I actually FEEL like Julius Caesar today because with God's miraculous graces, I conquered this whole day from start to finish.

~It started at 6 am when our son and our friend's daughter Elena woke up (she stayed with us because her Daddy was rushed to the ER in the middle of the night - he's okay now!) They played all morning and love spending time together (and making messes, as Josie will vouch for as well...;)

~She was with us until about 9 when Josie came to get her, and at about 9:30, Dominic and I headed to the library to "story time" where Dominic ran around opening doors and cabinets and climbing on furniture while the nice librarian read a story aloud to other children who were sitting still and listening. ;) He gets it from the Mendonca side of the family, he's a tactile learner. I chased him around the library and picked up whichever books I found on the way. One was randomly about sea otters, which Dominic keeps thanking me for.

~We came home and read stories, made grilled cheese, and cleaned up the house together. Then it was nap time, which I spent working on an order of cards which a dear friend placed with me, and creating my own collage of kiddos potty training to inspire Dominic to engage in this worthy endeavour.

~Then I dropped Dominic off with Elena's Mama for an hour while I baked a giant tray of lasagna from scratch, and mopped and cleaned all the floors, vacuumed the house and put away more stray toys.

~After dinner, I folded laundry and Bronius bathed Dominic thus letting me collapse onto the computer chair to commence my studying for the evening. With one half hour break to watch "The Office," I resumed studying and then went for a half hour walk, while simultaneously listening to voicemails and calling my siblings who are all in Florida together with out me. :(

It occurred to me on my walk that this was a very, very full day - and with a deadline to "meet" Bronius in the living room at 10 am so we can wind down together, I am now going to sign off !!!! I now understand what my Mom told me the other day "Julie, one day you'll look back on this time in your life and you will say 'I can't believe I actually did it all!!!!!'"

1 comment:

Josie said...

Thank you so much again Julia for being there for us even through your crazy day.