
"Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His love than in your own weakness." - Mother Teresa
With half of my family being Indian and having traveled to India, I understand to some very very small degree what the world looked like that Mother Teresa lived in. Contemplating on how she tended to the poor, the crippled, the emaciated, the sick, the dying, the abandoned, the abused...day in, and day out, I can understand how she must have struggled with her faith. How much easier it is for me to believe in a loving and faithful God when I have a beautiful home, bountiful food and money leftover to agonize over one shampoo over the other. It's sad to me that the world would attack her for her weaknesses as a human instead of praising her for her ability to love and serve God unquestioningly, doing the work that no one else would do, inspite of her doubts. Her candor has done great things for my faith, and for so many others that I know. My admiration of her has grown even more now for how much she must have loved, trusted and obeyed God!
1 comment:
I read part of the TIME article, but not all of it, so my thoughts may be incomplete. I agree that it is sad that all of this is being covered so much and that her personal correspondence were all released this way. She was an amazing woman who is so inspiring in her selfless giving for other's.
All this reminds me that our faith rests in Christ, not in feelings. We trust in Him, not our emotions, knowing that where we falter, he is constant and unfailing. Where we are weak, He is strong.
Post a Comment