Thursday, April 02, 2009

11 months with Milo





Tomorrow Milo will be 11 months old, how can it be that a year has almost come and gone? What a busy 11 months it has been! I can still remember running errands with a sleeping newborn Milo in my Moby wrap, and then later watching him cooing every morning on his playmat, and later seeing him bounce joyfully in his bouncie seat. Now he is crawling, climbing, standing, cruising, making all sorts of new noises and faces, and paying attention to little details that grown ups forget to appreciate all the time. Milo is a sweet baby boy. He just wants company, and he is very content. I do think he's a little high strung, like his Mama :) So that will be interesting to watch as he grows :)

Milo I love how you study and hold objects, it is so cute to watch your fascination. I love when you get excited about going to pick Dominic up from school, and how when you get your diaper changed, you kick your legs a thousand times a second with excitement. I love how happy you are when we go for wagon rides around the neighborhood with big brother. I love your silly face that you give us only when we take pictures, totally unprompted. I love how you love to pant and crawl fast to the bathroom when you hear the faucet or tub turn on. I love reading you books and playing on the floor with you while brother is at school, it is a special time for us. You are in such a fun stage right now! It is a joy to watch you grow and learn. Your sleep has finally become more routined (until we travel or you get sick, of course :) You nap for 1.5 hrs in the morning and afternoon, and at night you sometimes go straight through but usually there is a 10 pm wake up. You love to play in your crib. We hear you thumping around and talking all the time in there. You eat EVERYTHING under the sun. You lost complete interest in nursing this month once you started crawling, and just when I was about to give up and let you wean, you started nursing again, 2 or 3 times a day. You tried steak and sweet potato fries last night and gobbled them up! We are so proud of you Milo, and we can't wait to celebrate your first birthday as we remember the day we welcomed you to the world. We love you!

4 comments:

Josie said...

Such a sweet update ;)

Brandy said...

He looks so big! I'm anxious to see what all these babies' heights and weights are at a year! Brenna is not standing or cruising yet, but I keep looking at her thinking she looks too little to do that! But from your pics, Milo looks so much bigger than her!

PS - I can't believe their birthdays are almost here either... where did the time go?

Kellie said...

your little ones are quite the cuties!! I can't believe how much Milo is starting to look like Dominic...I couldn't see it at first, but oh my gosh, look at those little cheekies! Love 'em. Miss you guys!

Rachel said...

Annalise makes a very similar face for the camera. Such hams! I'm glad to hear Milo started cruising and crawling all in one month. Annalise can crawl, she just only does it short distances, but is more interested trying her hardest to pull up.