Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!









Despite an attack of bronchiolitis in the Motekaitis house, we made it down to Houston for Easter to be with my family and it was SO worth losing my voice over. Even a person who isn't having their vocal chords attacked by a virus might lose their voice amongst my family. :)

I haven't had many chances to blog, but we had a very special triduum. We weren't able to attend services this year, but we had our own family footwashing and special meal on Holy Thursday. On Good Friday we said a family rosary together and listened meditated on sacred music (as much as is possible with 3 young children at any rate!) Saturday we dyed eggs, baked resurrection rolls and did our resurrection eggs. And Sunday, Bronius took the boys to Easter Mass (I was home with fever). I felt so sad to miss Mass on Sunday, but I got to watch on EWTN so I did not feel quite so empty.

Uncle Steve SURPRISED us all, he told us he wouldn't be able to fly down from NYC so we were all so happy! We had a skype chat with my sister Sarah and her family in Gainesville, and we got to see Great Grandma too. We had confetti eggs, tie-dyed eggs, an AMAZING brunch and enough Easter candy to send two small children to the moon and back. The kids even squeezed in a (supervised)swim while I napped with Jonas. Dad and Bronius regaled us with their music and it was just so-good to be together. Sadly I got next to no pictures, not even a full family one. There's always next year :)

Thank you Lord Jesus for my family and for our many many blessings. Thank you for loving this world so much and for coming back to save each and every one of us!

Happy Easter!

No comments: