Saturday, April 02, 2011

Life in full swing






I had to open with that, since we now have a tee baller in the house! The first game is next week and we're excited - GO PHILLIES! :)We've had 3 practices, and we had our first "opening ceremony" today, which was completely overwhelming...in a good way, I guess? I can definitely see how tee ball becomes a family affair. We are ALL going to have to LOVE it in order to make this work, because it requires a lot of time and schedule juggling.


How on earth am I going to manage all of this with three boys (and maybe more???) I am pre-disposed to NOT like being busy. I prize quiet time almost as much as a bar of dark chocolate. Hmm, which might explain the cavity I had to get filled the other day which coincedentally, actually BOUGHT me an hour of quiet time (save for the noise of the drill on and off). Point is, I was left alone with my thoughts - and I love that, and miss that, and NEED that.

Things just feel intense now. Bronius and I often describe our lives with the image of a candle being burned on both ends. It takes two of us just to get everything done, to manage a household and parent the way we want to parent, and then we work at night too. And of course, we're not getting sleep. Sweet little Jonas must be teething because he's up every hour some nights. So carving out time for us as a couple has been bumped up to priority 1. I miss my husband! I see him all the time, but I never get to talk to him! Seeing friends regularly offers me a lot of encouragement and helps me to stay positive instead of dwelling on my sleep deprivation. It's a small cross to carry, I know.

The kiddos are doing well. Dominic and Jonas are teething at the same time ;) Dominic lost his first tooth and two more will be gone soon. He also got bunk beds in his room and that has been EXCITING! He is taking to tee ball which makes us happy since the violin wasn't quite igniting a fire in him at this point. We want to run with his interests but not over program him so we're learning the balancing act. He is sad that kindergarten will be done in 2 months and he's not the only one!

Milo is going to be three in a month! He is so sweet and cuddly and easy going but the threes are upon us. Definitely seeing a "will" emerging as well as a mischevious streak. He is loving Hot Shots soccer and we spend our days together at music class and story time and the park. I'm soaking up these days with him since in the Fall he begins Montessori school! (eek, which reminds me, we really need to get serious about potty training).

Baby Jonas is a little chubby sweet heart. He is so easy! He likes to sit in the bouncy chair, he loves to be outdoors, and he loves watching his brothers do almost ANYTHING. He's reaching for toys and grabbing things to play with them, and he is starting to do the half-roll on the changing table. I don't see teeth, but I feel them coming. And I pray that some sleep will come along with those teeth. He nurses A LOT...mostly for comfort. But I'll be excited in two months when we can start some real people food!

Lent has been off to a good start. Every day Dominic closes his eyes and picks from the "Lent box" when he comes home from school. Choices include "pick up your brother's room," "read a bible story," "learn about a saint," "give up dessert," "pray a rosary with your family," "sing praise and worship," and other things. When you make a sacrifice or do a good deed, you can pull a tooth pick from the crown of thorns on the table. It is keeping us all accountable. Bronius is singing with SCOLA and enjoying his men's bible study, and I started a bible study with some neighbors on Wednesday nights and it has been SO great for me.

The summer is COMING, and we are making way for it. We are planning trips
(included a half-baked idea to rent an R.V. and drive all the way up to NYC to stay with my brother in the city - I know - we are crazy), gymnastics camp, library programs and hopefully LOTS of swimming. The boys will be sharing the bunks once school is out, and Jonas will likely move to the nursery, so that will either be the best decision we've ever made or the worst. Time will tell!

We are looking for a new home, too. We are trying to stay within Dominic's school zone because he loves his school. But we need more space. Bronius needs a real home office, and I really want a pool so me and the kids don't have to get in the car every time we want to cool off. We're in the middle of de-cluttering and organizing, hence the picture with the sorority girls who came to help us on BIG EVENT. That was awesome! We'll see what happens. We know that what God wants for us will be best, and so we're waiting on Him! Life is good, and God is good, and we are thankful for our blessings.

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

I'm loving this Lent box idea. I'll have to hear more. Love the pictures of the boys too. Such special brotherly love!