
I am so behind on blogging! But I will not give up without a fight! :)
Hopefully I'll have a better shot of Jonas to post, this is the most recent. I took him to the library when the boys were at VBS and sat him down for a minute, and saw him up on his haunches trying to climb into the bookshelf! Crawling is imminent, as well as the beginning of a house-wide baby proofing session. But the good news is, I have 2 assistants to help me find every cobweb, crumb and stray lego this time around.
Jonas is pure sweetness and love. He is a darling, perfect baby and we are all basking in his babyhood. He is so easy to please!
He is still nursing every 2-3 hours (mostly because table food is too much fuss and mess) but we give him a little of whatever we're eating...rice, chopped bananas, mashed avocado, strained meat, bread bits.... he loves it all!
He loves being around his brothers, no matter how loud or rowdy they get (and they can be VERY loud) - Jonas remains unfazed.
He is so curious about everything....he is reaching for phones, water glasses, toys - examining anything and everything.
He says "ba ba ba" and "ma ma ma."
Poor Jonas still seems to have the plugged tear duct. I really hope we don't have to do the wire probe procedure. I'm not a fan of medical intervention unless it is completely necessary. Just depends on the chances of whether it could make things worse instead of better, or create other complications. If it's something we can continue to monitor throughout his life with no risk of harm to his eye, we'd opt for that instead. But we'll see what the doctor says this week.
Right now, he goes to bed at 7, wakes up at 8 and wants to be up a little. We put him down again around 9:30, and he wakes at midnight for a feed. He'll wake again around 4 and we don't feed him until the 6 am wake up (just give him the paci). Then he sleeps till about 8:30 in the morning. Naps 10-11, and then again from 1:30-3:30 usually. I think things will get less choppy when he officially drops the evening catnap. But before he started teething, there were 2 weeks of him sleeping for 5 hour chunks. Now he seems to be teething, and shots are coming up on Friday, so we are preparing for some sleep regression. Also, our babies typically have sleep disturbances when they are mastering a new skill. All these factors make it easier to bear with the interrupted sleep which continues to plague our nights.
But honestly, he is so sweet, so cute, so precious and easy, that Bronius and I look at each other and just shrug our shoulders. We don't have the heart to sleep train him. We just keep telling ourselves" maybe next month he'll sleep through the night." Haha. We should know better! :) But I do believe it will get easier when he's a year old.
Next time I post on just Jonas, I'm sure I'll have some crawling tales to tell! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment