What was sad this week.....
Moving day came for our neighbors all too suddenly. We brought them donuts as a salve for wounded hearts. We will greatly miss the Saboor family, we are so glad they will be popping in and out of town several times a year so we can keep in touch!
What was awesome this week.....
Arrrrrrr! We had Shipwrecked Camp at the house this week (hence the picture of the pirates from before). We learned about the history of pirates, about ocean exploration, had a treasure hunt, studied rocks, made our own invisible ink and designed our own boats. Here the kids are coloring gem stones while Ms. Stephanie gives them trivia about rock formation. After our lessons, snack, video and activity each morning, the kids had free play. We brought out board games, puzzles and art supplies, but many opted to play outside (rain or shine!)
What was delicious this week.......
We had new friends over for dinner, and it was a great excuse to grill some summer foods! Everyone was inducted into the clean plate club afterwards, and even had room for brownies with icing. :) I've been having fun again with instagram photography, as you can see :)
What was romantic this week.....
A pretty important stone fell out of my engagement ring about 2 months ago, and hubby took it in to our friend who is a gifted jeweler and had it repaired, right in time for our ten year anniversary. When it was all finished (unbeknownst to me) he took me out to a casual dinner and got down on one knee to re-propose! He really surprised me, which is nearly impossible to do. :) It was very sweet, and I treasure this moment in my heart and my memory, always. I am blessed, and honored, to spend my life with this man, who teaches me about love through his actions, his honesty, his integrity, his generosity, his patience, his kindness and graciousness. I love you, Bronius. Happy Anniversary to us!
What was the cherry on top.....
Swimming at the pool of Bronius' childhood memories. It is a little slice of paradise. I tried to read my book, but eventually I had to get in too. They were having too much fun without me!





7 comments:
Julia what's your name on Instagram I'd love to follow you :)
That re-proposal sounds really sweet! Love it!
Congratulations! And a jewelry anniversary too....every year I tell my husband it's our diamond anniversary and every year he responds that he's pretty sure it's paper...or cardboard :)
And I see you're in Texas! We just got back from visiting my grandpa in College Station and I miss it already. I used to spend every summer with him growing up and all my favorite childhood memories are there. Well, at least the weather we had while we were there has made Florida not seem as hot to me anymore :)
Wow, Cristina! That's so crazy!!! Our lives are flip flopped it seems! Where do you live in Fla? I'm looking forward to getting to know you more :) Thanks for visiting!
Thanks, Kristy! I was floored!
Erin, I'm MamaJules33 :) Send me your name too please! :)
I know right! We're in Jacksonville Florida for now--well, probably for another year or so, we're always on the move :)
Post a Comment