"Thanks Cristina!"
1) Where do you live, and why do you live there now?
I live in a college town in Central, Texas. :) I live here because my husband grew up here, and was working here when he proposed to me. After I graduated college, I was very blessed to find a job here to be closer to him as we planned our wedding nearly 11 years ago. As time went by, God's will for our marriage and family became more and more evident, and we felt called to stay here for an indefinite amount of time. This community has formed us, has helped us raise our children and helped us grow up ourselves! :) One day, we hope to travel abroad in the summers, if kind-hearted relatives can bear the visitors!
2) What are you currently watching, or reading?
I was feeling nostalgic for a Hayley Mills movie called The Moon Spinners that I must have seen on t.v. when I was young, so I'm watching that tonight. During Lent, I am alternating between reading Flannery O'Connor's Prayer Journal and Heather King's book of reflections for Holy Days.
3) What kind of Catholic are you? (cradle, convert, considering)
I am a cradle Catholic. :) My Dad was a Jesuit, my Mom was a convert. I have a very large Indian Catholic family on my father's side and a very large German Lutheran family on my mother's. :) ( so Lutheran we sometimes wonder if our German lineage can be traced to Martin Luther himself in fact....)
4) Can you point to one moment or experience that made you a practicing Catholic? (Or want to be?)
When I attended my senior year in high school and all four years of college in Texas, my most active Christian friends were not Catholic. I admired the way they lived, and spoke, and behaved...and wore their faith on their sleeves. Even while President of the Catholic Student Organization, I often felt most comfortable with my Southern Baptist friends. They challenged, questioned and inspired me. And because of them, I dug deeper than I ever had before to grasp the richness of the fullness of truth. And I am still on that journey every day.
5) How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Now that I've graduated to expensive ORTHOPEDIC shoes because of my feet woes, not many. I wasn't much of a shoe hoarder before though. I do love fashion and style, but I don't fuss much with accessories etc. I suppose that has only helped prepare me for having three sons. :) However, I will say, I have a new appreciation and love of quality footwear.
6) Are you a good dancer?
Such a subjective question. If you asked me....of course I'd say emphatically YES. If you had to ask my husband who always complains about how I won't let him lead, or my children who have to deal with me snapping in the car to music.... they might have a different opinion to offer you. My favorite reality show, and the only reality show I'll ever watch, is So You Think You Can Dance. I started watching when I was nursing a newborn one summer and it started a fire in me. I did take dance classes as a child and in college, so I have some level of knowledge and experience. But anything I do now is highly unstructured, and usually involves 80's music and waving a wooden spoon in the kitchen when I cook dinner.
7) Who usually drives, you or your husband?
Hubby works from home, so I'm usually on chauffer duty. But road trips, dinners out, and church on the weekends is hubby's speciality.
8) What's your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it?
All religious holidays aside, I really love New Year's Eve. It's so romantic and exciting and so unified, the whole world takes part. We usually have friends over for fondue and then chill with champagne waiting for the countdown while kids run around. One of these years I'd like to make it a little more exciting!
9) Which is correct, left or right?

Definitely asking the wrong gal on this one, but I'll go with left because I think that's what my logical husband would probably pick, who tends to be right about these sorts of important matters.
10) Do you have any scars?
Nothing exciting to report. Just the expected knee scrapes from falling off my bike as a ten year old, and a few chicken pox marks!
11) What's the most famous thing you've ever done?
I once did a spot on the news to promote an event, and here lately I recorded a radio commercial! :) I much prefer to be a background figure. It used to be a dream of mine to be a back up singer for someone famous. Still wouldn't mind that!
I would like to nominate Katherine whom I haven't heard from in awhile ;) and Stephanie, who is a great teller of stories, and Elizabeth, who is the most "keepin' it real" Mama friend I know. And hopefully they won't be too mad about me giving them one more extra thing to do! ;)

1 comment:
ooh a radio commercial....I'd definitely call that famous ;)
Post a Comment