Monday, April 21, 2014

Holy Week and Easter 2014

           Our simplified Seder meal on Holy Thursday - thanks to Shiraz Shish Kebab!

    A quick brotherly foot washing before Mass - who wants to go first? Trick question, much? :)


Friday we walked the Stations of the Cross with St. Anthony's Parish community and friends.  We did not take pictures, so I may have to borrow one from someone else!


On Saturday, we watched Patricia Pollacco's tutorial of painted eggs, an Eastern European family tradition.


And met friends for a picnic in the park.

Nature boys

Later that evening we invited our neighbor to make resurrection rolls to share the story of Jesus' life.

                                        
On Sunday, we celebrated our RISEN LORD, Alleluia!!!!!


And it was nice that I found matching belts for the boys, too. A mini miracle.


My mother in law's famous lamb beer bread. 


We shared a lovely feast of ham, bean salads, roasted potatoes, spinach and cheese tortes and more cakes than I could count! (thanks Senele!)




And we toasted Mom and Dad on their upcoming 40th anniversary and Steve on his near MBA graduation from A&M!


The two Grandmas!


Milo and his Uncle Steve. 


Then we enjoyed a variety show put on by the kids. They played their favorite piano pieces and here they acted out "Caps for Sale" with Daddy.


So thankful for a full day filled with joy, hope and love. May the strength of our Risen Lord carry you through every one of your days!





2 comments:

Cristina said...

Looks wonderful! Where did you find the belts? I never seem to find any that are a reasonable quality and price :)

Julia said...

JCPenney's! But I hear Walmart has them too. Kinda wish I would have checked there first...

Happy Easter blessings to you and yours!