Bronius snuck around the corner to take pics after the parents finally got to sit down and eat, and we noticed how suspiciously quiet it was!
This one was particularly nice. We woke up early Friday morning to head to our Married Couple's Group reunion breakfast, and had the most amazing melt-in-your-mouth-secret-recipe pancakes, and all you can eat bacon. Only 3 of the 5 families came together, family W forgot about a garage sale they were supposed to help with and family C's baby came down with a bad virus! :( Between us all though, there are 8 children and 2 in utero (the ones I know about, at any rate!) in only about 4 years! It's so special to have grown as parents with these friends, especially when we started out as newlyweds in our bible study.
Afterwards we made a quick stop at the grocery store for dinner supplies, came home to have lunch, and then my brother came to visit with us before heading to his regular tailgating group (who feeds him more generously than I can most times!!!). We all had a quick nap, and my eyes popped open when I heard the car doors closing in the driveway. B (literally) leaped out of bed to greet my Mom, Dad and Grandma who were visiting for dinner. We went to the park, had a lovely dinner with warm apple pie for dessert, had a jam session, and everyone headed home to get Grandma back to the nursing home before "curfew." ;) And after a very full day of spending precious time with loved ones, Bronius and I opened up a special Mexican hot cocoa we were saving and drank on the porch under the stars and the harvest moon. Dominic had a hard time getting to sleep after all the activity and fun, but I could not have prayed for a more wonderful day!
Today after Mass, we brought corn dogs to the park for a picnic (I know, CORN DOGS? They're so good with mustard though! And they make them with chicken franks so I figure that's okay!) and then we fed the ducks, and walked around going "trick or treating" for sticks, acorns and leaves. Dominic had a blast! But skipped his nap (sighhhh) which didn't deter me from napping, apparently I was out cold these last 2 hrs. So Bronius jogged him in the stroller to the store and they're on their way home for dinner...better get something on the stove! ;) Looking forward to a very busy, but very fun week ahead! Blessings to you and yours!!!!
1 comment:
Julia, I don't know how you do it! Where do you get your energy? Sign me up. Sounds like a wonderful weekend with friends and family.
Post a Comment