I took some shots of our boys on this GLORIOUSLY beautiful day. We spend as much time as we can outdoors, not only to enjoy the weather but also to give Bronius quiet chunks in the day to get his work done.
And here is a picture of our "last minute robot" costume....largely designed by Dominic but then foiled (in both senses of the word) by his parents. Apparently Dominic will debut his originally planned knight costume on Hallow's Eve. We are all waiting in suspense in the meantime.
Milo is almost 18 months! And I never realize how I underestimate my children until I see other people interacting with them, and I see how the respond and react. Milo really understands everything that is going on. I can finally say things like "first put your shoes on before going outside" and I have at least a 50% chance of him not throwing a tantrum beforehand. It's nice to see things clicking, and tantrums decreasing (somewhat). He is adorable. And determined to do all things big-boy.
Milo's appetite has dwindled a bit, and we noticed two molars have broken through! He loves to dance and spin in circles, it is adorable, but even more he is obsessed with motorized vehicles. This is fun because Dominic was totally indifferent and not at all curious about them. He asks about planes, motorcycles, cars, trucks, bikes....anything with wheels. He pitched a fit when we wouldn't let him touch the gigantic wheels of a parked tractor the other day. He loves books, and brings us stories. He opens them to his favorite pages. He still takes 2 naps, and who knows how long that will last. An hour in the morning, 1.5 hrs in the afternoon usually, sometimes 2. This ends up being beneficial for everyone in the family, so if it's not broke, we aren't going to fix it!
Dominic is definitely 4 years old. Wow, what a difference a year makes! He can play independently so nicely, his critical thinking is kicking in, his eagerness to do all things by himself, his aptness in learning new skills, his helpfulness, his excitement in showing what he knows, his inquisitiveness.....and I hasten to mention the negativity and back-talking. :) We are working on this, and we find that the more we pray as parents and the more consistent we are, the more energy and love we have to deal with the situation, and the more success we all have. He is a wonderful big brother, and over the last few months I have seen SUCH growth in him. We love watching his interests and his passions develop. We are so very proud of him. At the half year mark, I hope to share a more detailed description of our big guy.
Happy weekend to come....Uncle Steve is coming into town and trick or treating festivities with the Buchan's. Hopefully an All Saints Day family lunch on Sunday (better double check with Grandma who may be reading this right now!) Will post more pictures soon. Lord Jesus thank you for our Beata Vita!
No comments:
Post a Comment