Thursday, October 08, 2009

Five Things Food Poisoning Taught Me About Motherhood

1) My children love it when I lay on the couch! Course this couldn't work every day....or could it......

2) It's not the end of the world when I don't have a perfectly picked-up house at the end of the night. Before this was unacceptable to me.

3) My children think their toys are the COOLEST when I am sitting on the floor with them.

4) I may not be as accomplished as I usually am, but I feel much more peaceful, in doing less.

5) I still hate cleaning the bathrooms but triply recognize its importance now.

I'm writing these down so that I remember them. The Holy Spirit speaks to us through our experiences, and this was a timely message for me. On that note, Praise Jesus that I am feeling better. I would prefer natural labor every day for eternity to what I felt the last 2 days! I'm shocked by how debilitated I feel, still, it will be awhile before I'm back to my zestful self.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, Julia! I am glad you are on the mend. I had food poisoning in Oct last year and it as awful!! Take care of yourself.